Intern with Against the Stream SF
Now Hiring: Intern Position- Volunteer Coordinator
It’s been almost a year since our San Francisco center opened its doors and we’re busier than ever! We want to do everything we can to create a welcoming home for you and your practice, and to make that possible, we rely on an ever-growing team of generous, hard-working volunteers. We couldn’t do this without them, and are currently searching for an organized, detail oriented, and personable intern to assist in coordinating our beloved volunteers. Sound interesting? Please read on for a full description of the position.
Internship Opportunity: Against the Stream Volunteer Coordinator
Purpose of Position: The Volunteer Coordinator is an internship position that supports Against the Stream events and center operations.
- Coordinate volunteers for classes, daylongs, and special projects/events
- Recruit, train, and thank volunteers as needed to host all classes and daylongs, and complete additional projects to support the ATS center.
- Coordinate openings and closing of the center on the day of registered classes
- Oversee volunteers during classes and daylongs as needed
- Other related tasks as needed including assisting in event setup, publicity, registration, administrative tasks, etc.
The Volunteer Coordinator will have the following skills:
- Leadership and event coordination skills
- Experience in recruiting and training volunteers and cultivating ongoing development of volunteers
- Experience volunteering at ATS events a plus
- Flexible schedule. Able to work evenings and weekends if needed. Commitment to an assigned schedule.
- Reliable, punctual, detail oriented, good follow-up
- Friendly, personable and patient
- Understanding of the Against the Stream community, our San Francisco center, and interest in working within a Buddhist organization
- Ability to connect with and support a diverse sangha
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Sensitivity to creating a supportive teaching and learning environment for all
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, email. (Experience with Constant Contact, WordPress, databases, is a plus!)
- The Volunteer Coordinator will work in a Buddhist center environment
- Will be required to work some evenings and weekends
- Will report directly to Against the Stream Center Manager
- Hours can be worked at ATS and remotely depending on tasks
This position requires a commitment 15 hours per month minimum. We request a 6-month minimum commitment to this position, and can offer our volunteer coordinator a stipend of $200/month, as well as free access to our daylongs and class series.
Application deadline: This position is open until filled. The first review will be around April 10.
To apply: Please send a resume and cover letter to Juliana Sloane, ATS Center Manager: [email protected]. Please do not send an application or questions via Facebook.