Job Opening: Center Manager, Against the Stream San Francisco
This position manages the day-to-day operations of the Against the Stream Buddhist Meditation Society center in San Francisco. Primary focus will be scheduling, marketing/communications, event and volunteer coordination, and facilities management. The successful candidate will also be familiar and comfortable with the fundraising aspects of a non-profit. Other tasks will be required as necessary. Please note, we will begin reviewing applications on June 17th– if you are interested and qualified for this role, please submit a resume and cover letter by this date.
Duties and Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
Event Scheduling and Coordination
- Schedule and coordinate classes, events, and rentals at the center
- Coordinate with teachers, volunteers, rental clients
- Manage event registrations, scholarships, work-trade, etc.
- Be available to help at events and classes as necessary
Marketing, Event Coordination, Outreach
- Write, create, and schedule email announcements, newsletters, etc.
- Create registration pages and webpages for all classes, daylongs, etc.
- Manage the center’s social media presence
- Ensure flyers and marketing materials are made for all events
- Keep multiple public and internal calendars accurate and up-to-date
- Investigate and pursue new marketing areas which to aid in fundraising, outreach, etc.
- Develop, train, and supervise crew of volunteers, including Volunteer Coordinator Intern
- Oversee volunteer coordination for various ATS activities and classes
- Maintain volunteer list and ongoing outreach
- Manage accounting and deposit of funds, pay bills, reconcile accounts
- Ensure physical space is maintained, clean, and has appropriate supplies
- Manage book and merch sales
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Needed:
- Well organized, attention to detail
- Ability to work very independently, self-motivated
- Flexible schedule (weekend & evenings will be required at times)
- Deals well with public (in person and via phone, email)
- Excellent communication skills, including writing, editing, proofreading, spoken, etc.
- Proficient with computers and software needed for administrative tasks, e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel, Google Drive, email, Google Calendar
- Working knowledge/comfort using WordPress, email marketing (Constant Contact), and online event registration platforms.
The ideal candidate has a combination of administrative, marketing, and events management experience. Non-profit background a plus but not required. This job requires a person with the appropriate experience and job skills. The ideal candidate will also be a meditation practitioner.
Start Date / Hours:
This job will be 30 hours per week. Details and hours will be agreed upon at a later date. Starting salary range is $23-$25/hour.
If you are interested and qualified for this position, please email your resume and a cover letter to [email protected] by June 17th to be considered in the first round of applications.