Our community, or sangha, plays a vital role in supporting the life of the Center. Without the contribution of our volunteers, we could not offer as many programs and classes as we do. Volunteering is the dana of service and lets us take our practice “off the cushion.” It is also a great way to meet other practitioners and have some fun.
At Against the Stream we always have a number of volunteer opportunities, and you can contribute either in an ongoing or occasional basis. Currently we need help with the following. Call or write if you are interested or would like more info:
• Street Team (get our fliers out there)
• Daylong Coordinators (Coordinate activities and volunteers for a Daylong Retreat)
• Class Hosts (Help with activities of the weekly classes)
• Audio (Recording and/or Editing Talks)
• Center Cleaning Crew (Keeping Santa Monica and Melrose Clean)
• Graphic Designers (Design flyers)
• Media Coordinator (Send notices of events to different media outlets)
We have an immediate need for
Cleaning Crews at Santa Monica & Melrose
People to help edit dharma talks
Street Team (East and West side)
People who can help with the website
Thank you for the generosity of time.
Our volunteers are an integral part of what makes both of our centers run efficiently. We offer over 22 weekly classes along with ongoing series, daylong classes, special events, fundraising events, sangha socials and more. How would we manage all of this without these special people?
Because we honor the generosity that the volunteers bring to our sangha we are going to spotlight two volunteers regularly, one from Santa Monica and one from Melrose.