Where We’ve Been…2009
It’s hard to believe, but we’ve just celebrated our second anniversary in the Melrose Center, and our first anniversary in Santa Monica. When 2009 started, we were uncertain as to how we would end the year, but we kept on going and are proud to look back and see all we’ve accomplished.
- 10 weekly classes or sitting groups in two locations averaging 250 attendees combined
- 34 special class series and daylongs
- 840 attended the special series and daylongs
- 223 received scholarship support (26.5% of all attendees)
- We hosted our first Residential Retreat with 70 attendees
- We hosted the first Buddhist Recovery Network International Conference with over 70 attendees from around the world
Where We’re Going…2010
Our goals for the coming year center on three areas: People, Programs and Finances.
People: We want to grow our community and get you involved.
Programs: We want to make sure our calendar is full of what serves our sangha
Finances: We want to do more than operate at a loss, or just make ends meet so we can continue to offer the teachings of the Buddha to whoever is interested and to increase our scholarship support for retreats and special programs
For our financial details, please check out the following links:
We’d love to hear from you. If you have comments, suggestions, or want to get involved, please write, [email protected]