- This event has passed.
Daylong: Yoga for Anxiety and Depression with Candace Stevens
June 10, 2017 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm UTC+0
Yoga for Anxiety and Depression: An Introduction The Science and Practice of Healing through Breath and Movement
Candace Stevens, M.S., E-RYT200
Anxiety and Depression aren’t just in our heads; they live in our bodies as well. The practice of yoga can help us use our bodies to change the way our minds respond to anxiety and depression. This workshop is designed to give an understanding of this process, provide an introductory understanding of how to assess your mind/body state, and provide yogic tools for your personal practice of mind/body healing and management. In this class, we will explore: How yogic ideas relate to mental health and wellness How we can use the practice of yoga to address mental distress and create safety in the body and mind.
This class will include movement, breathwork, lecture, and conversation. All levels are welcome! The structure of the day is as follows:
1). A shorter. all-levels yoga practice
2) Exploration of current research on how the body can affect the mind (and vice versa)
3) Examination of the nervous system and its role in depression and anxiety
4) A 45 minute lunch break
5) Learning postures, movements, and breath that address anxiety and depression respectively
6) Embodied practice of these techniques
7) An introduction to assessing your mind/body needs, and how to choose what tools to address them.
Cost is $79 before June 3rd and $99 afterwards. ATS members can get $30 off by using coupon: ATS30 if they sign up by June 2nd.
Register at: https://www.eve
Candace has studied with Bessel van der Kolk and Bo Forbes, and this work is deeply inspired by them. She also draws extensively from her Master’s in Clinical & Counseling Psychology, and her time working as a trauma-specialized therapist. She has been teaching yoga for 8 years. http://www.cand